The purpose of this competition is to provide good quality problems for the Final Round of the World Physics Olympiad (WoPhO).
The quality and level of difficulty of the problems selected should be comparable or better than APhO/IPhO problems. Problems should comply with APhO/IPhO’s syllabus and should also be new problems that have never been published. Creativity (not only mastery in mathematics) is needed to solve these problems.
This competition is open to everyone: Physics professors, lecturers, teachers, APhO/IPhO team leaders, APhO/IPhO alumni, or any member of the public interested.
Those whose problems are selected shall be awarded the following:
- One round trip ticket economy class from his/her place of origin to the WoPhO venue.
- Be an honorary jury for the WoPhO.
- Free accommodations for the duration of the WoPhO.
- A medal + certificate + USD 20,000 for each theoretical problem selected.
- A medal + certificate + USD 25,000 for each experimental problem selected.
- A medal + certificate + USD 1,000 for ten problems which are not selected but considered to be good problems, theoretical and/or experimental.