1. What is WoPhO?
WoPhO is not just another physics competition. It is different from other physics competitions in
a. WoPhO is an individual competition. No limitations on how many participants per country.
b. There is a sum amount of money for the prize.
c. You can participate in the final round competition and celebrate New Year at an exotic place.
d. The problems for the final round are selected via “Problem Competition”. The Problem Competition is open to anyone.
2. How to participate?
To participate in the Final Round competition:
a. If you are a gold medalist of IPhO or APhO of the competition year, then you are automatically invited.
· You will be provided with round trip economy airfare from your home to the venue of WoPhO.
· You will be provided with accommodations, F/B for all activities throughout the event
· You will receive pocket money amounting to USD 200
b. If you are a silver medalist of IPhO or APhO of the competition year, then you are automatically invited.
· You will be provided with accommodations, F/B for all activities throughout the event.
c. If none of the above applies to you, and you are under 20 years old and not yet a University student by June 30th in the competition year, then you can participate in the Selection Round. It is an online competition. Ten physics problems will be posted online. Two problems each month for five month, beginning in the month of February of the competition Year.
· The winners will be provided with the round trip economy airfare from their home to the venue of WoPhO Final Round.
· The winners will be provided with accommodations, F/B for all activities throughout the Final Round event.
d. If none of the above applies to you, then you might still be able to participate as a guest participant by paying the amount of USD 1500. Guest participants could be first year university students during the competition year.
3. Where and when will the Final Round of WoPhO be held?
The Final Round of the 3rd WoPhO will be held in Jogjakarta, Indonesia, from December 28th 2013 to January 3rd 2014.
4. How to get there?
You only need to book your flight to Jakarta and we will take care of the rest of the transportation to Jogjakarta. You can also fly to Jogjakarta directly if you can book the flight. There are many flights from Jakarta to Jogjakarta provided by many major airlines of Indonesia such as Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air, Lion Air, Sriwijaya Air etc.